Monday, August 8, 2011

Parallel



"I miss you."

"Did you get what I say? Are you listening to me?"

"Yes."

"I don't think so."

Deep breath. "Lara, are we kids? Are we teenagers?"

Silence.

"We can't just keep using our hearts. Life isn't easy and I'm doing my best to get my act together. And then we'll see."

What made you think career and finances are easier to plan, figure out or manage than love? They're all within the big thing we call LIFE. Life is forever changing. LIFE is unpredictable. What made you think some of the atomic particles of life can be controlled and taken care of nicely under your capable hands? You can't. So since all these particles are in the same state of unpredictability, why make "us" a second priority? Why can't we now?

Why do you say you can't live without me and do?

"Lara..."

"No, we're not kids and we're not teenagers."

"I love you, that's one thing I know."


I love you too, but how come I'm the only one who knows more?

No comments:

Post a Comment