Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Clauses

I can't tell you what it means to
be the one left to figure
how to finish the sentences
you started. I strain to read your eyes,
wanting myself reflected there;
wanting my fingers to
reach out - draw out the
clouds, the haze; wanting
to free you even as you
laugh freely, unabandonely.
You are daring me really
to walk and leap that chasm
between wanting you and
possessing your soul. I want to:
yes I love you; yes,
I understand; yes, I see you,
yes I could. But
do we really understand the
consequence of two different worlds
merging? If I finish what we started
will the sentence be the reality we had
risked our lives to discover?
If love draws us in, could we
still breathe when it closes in? But, oh,
I want to be with you; to be
inside you; breathe you, get lost in
those sighs. Such close quarters
as this tiny human heart can
suffocate us -- I do not really
want to drown yet I see myself
jumping in. So now I understand why
loving you is hard:
you are the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment